Neonatal Resuscitation Course
Neonatal resuscitation is most effective when performed by a designated team. if the team members know what their responsibilities are during a resuscitation they contribute to co-ordinated & effective care of the infant.
Purpose of this course is to orientate the health care provider (HCP) to the initial management of the newborn infant.
Upon completion the HCP will be able to;
- describe & perform the concepts and principles of initial steps of resuscitation of the newborn.
- be familiar with the neonatal resuscitation equipment.
- perform airway and ventilatory skills on the newborn.
- assist with endotracheal intubation & administration of emergency medications
- be familiar with the physiological changes at birth and risk factors.
- initiate resuscitation on a neonate and be familiar with the neonatal resuscitation algorithm
- be familiar with emergency medications for neonatal resuscitation
SA Handbook of Neonatal Resuscitation
Written and skills tests are required for course completion.
CERTIFICATION UPON COURSE COMPLETION:
Emergency Care Education Neonatal Resuscitation Certificate